So yesterday after work I decided to head over to Macy's to get a new top for my friend Genna's birthday dinner (which was last night) and her party tonight. We're getting a big party bus called "the frog"..it looks like a school bus, but it is painted green and there are strobe lights, music system, and a keg. It sounds pretty awesome and I'm really excited but I wanted a new shirt because we are going to be hitting up the town.
Well, at Macy's I was browsing through the clearance/sale section first to see if I could get a good deal on anything (FYI Macy's goes crazy for clearance...I've found VERY cute things for between 3-15$! Its awesome.) and as I was doing so, I see these older women (between 40 and 50 I think), in the "misses" department mind you, trying on vests and tops IN the clearance section. Now first this INSTANTLY reminded me of shopping last weekend with Missi, her friend Amanda, and my friend Ashley and how Amanda insisted that even I was too old for the juniors section. Now I am slowly trying to get more "grown-up" attire, especially working in the atmosphere I do, (for instance I stopped where any sort of graphic tees except concert ones) But Seriously? Seriously. Seriously. THESE women should NOT be in this section trying on little vests and stuff. And they wondered why they weren't fitting properly...probably BC they have curves and saggage in places that teens and 20-some year olds don't have yet. Sorry if that was harsh...but face it. Its biology... and Gravity. haha
On a side note, tomorrow is thanksgiving and I'm really excited. Hopefully being recovered from tonight, I have 9am thanksgiving breakfast with Justin's Dad, step-mom, Sister and Bro-in law. Then Lunch/Dinner at 1pm at Justin's Uncles with the rest of his family. THEN on Friday, Justin and I are driving up to my cabin to meet my parents, bro and Grandpa and step-grandma. We will probably be eating a lot more and playing family games. But the best part is, Ginny is bringing up the invitation book so Justin and I get to pick out and order our wedding invitations! I'm so excited! Then come home on Saturday...
The crazy busyness starts tonight!
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends and family!
Danielle
1 comment:
Preach it sister!!!
Post a Comment