Wednesday, November 12, 2008

computer seminar...

Yesterday I went to a computer seminar on Office 2007 at the science museum in St. Paul.  First note, I had no idea they had this whole computer school there that people can take classes on pretty much anything to do with computers.  Well, my seminar was on Microsoft Office 2007.  Three of us at work recently downloaded the new software onto our computers before everyone else because we knew that when everyone else got it, there will probably be a lot of questions so we wanted to be fully up to speed with all the new changes.  (Which for me, there wasn't too much difference, but I can see how people that don't like computers as it is freak out when things look "different").  

Well, I actually learned stuff.  Office 2007 has all the same main functions as 2003 but they use a "ribbon" instead of the task pane which has everything all right there...I think its way more intuitive than the older versions.  Also, there are a ton more graphics and capabilities for Word that you weren't able to do until you did it in PowerPoint then copied it over to Word.  So thats pretty cool.  I could have probably figured all the stuff he told us by sitting in front of my computer for a couple hours... but this was way easier and I got paid to do it. haha.  Oh the big thing with the new 07 is that it is not compatible with 2003 unless you download free software from Microsoft online.  But they have all this compatibility checker, so if you are sending out a letter to everyone using 2007, you can save it as a 2003 doc to make sure everyone can read it.  Pretty cool.  

I have had Microsoft Office for Mac 2008 (same as 07) on my new laptop for a while now, but I guess I haven't really taken the time to check out all the new features.  

So if anyone has questions about anything, let me know!  They gave me this cool sheet with a ton of information on where everything is and how to get to it. 

Side note:  Weather sucked yesterday.  I hate snow/rain/sleet crap.  

I also started our wedding slideshow last night.  I spent about 3 hours messing with photos and transitions and music.  I never realized how cool the software iMovie is.  Still have to scan all our baby pictures and some more family pics but its coming alone nicely!  

Oh another thing.  Justin paid off my motorcycle yesterday, so no more payments.  :-) Well, he technically owns half of it now... but we are selling it.  I have a few people interested so we will see how it goes.  If you know anyone interested in a sport touring 600, let me know.  It's a great beginner bike that goes 120 mph!  

Okay.  Must go to work now.  
Later days.

No comments: