After a long week, Justin and I decided to go on a date. A real date... and no, not to Axels but a very nice place downtown even! We went to Murray's Steakhouse on 6th street in minneapolis..it was rated very highly when Justin was "google"ing places and even scored higher then Mannys...I guess it was the only place that didn't have any negative feedback on it so he called and made reservations. Well, we arrived and you could tell just when you walked in that it had a fancy/classy/older people would love it vibe. Our waiter was excellent and food was amazing! I got beer battered jumbo shrimp with au gratin potatoes (our waiter recommended them) and Justin got a HUGE ribeye, au gratin potatoes, and we shared some asparagus. He DEVOURED his steak. What a growing boy. haha oh and it was a HUGE bill... I can't imagine how much more it would have been if I had wanted wine or something. haha But the best part of the night was after dinner. Justin called his old friend Matt up from Tiberon who was just getting off work at The W. I very swanky, modern, restaurant in the Foshay To

wer that has a hotel in it. If you haven't been there, you should check it out. It's new and so beautifully awesome inside. After catching up with Matt, he told us we should go check out the observatory deck on the 30th floor. Its apparently the only one in minneapolis...so luckily it was open and there was another couple staying in the hotel needing to use the elevators so we went in with them (realizing after we entered you need a hotel key to access any of the floors in the elevator but they just swiped there key so we got to go up). We got to the top floor and our ears were popping! But we went outside and it had a deck that wrapped around the whole building. It was so cool up there! Cold, but beautiful. I happen to have my camera so I snapped a few pics.
On

our way home we decided to pick up some movies and stopped at target for one quick item that turned into browsing in the electronics/christmas section for an hour. We ended up getting 3 christmas c.d.'s which I am so excited to listen too. I've decided that we sho
uldn't have to wait until thanksgiving to listen to Christmas music... Anytime in November is surely okay. Though I did mention sometime about the christmas tree to Justin and he was just like No. Too early.
Darn.
Maybe next weekend. :-)
So this ended up being a pretty great start to the weekend. We had breakfast with some of Justin's family this morning which was a lot of fun chatting and catching up.
Off to work tonight, but looking forward to a day off tomorrow!
1 comment:
Post a Comment