Thursday, October 2, 2008

Itunes Shutdown?!

So I was just looking through websites looking for music and I happen to be on MTV.com and saw a headline about Apple may shutdown Itunes.  So I click it since I am an avid Itunes user and read about what the heck is going on!  

Well, it seems the board wants apple to raise the price of there download songs but apple is refusing and has been refusing for the past 5 years.  So the copyright royalty board is pissed because they are not making any money off it and the labels are not either.  And since record sales are way down...everyone wants to make more money off downloading songs.  Well, Apple is refusing too because they think they will lose out overall because people won't buy music which then means they don't need ipods so then those sales will go down and said they might just stop everything just because they can.

How fricken lame.  Yes, everyone will be pissed if it costs 1.15 or whatever for a song instead of 99cents but guess what, they are still going to download songs.  I would say it is a pretty inelastic market.  (Thanks microeconomics!  Look I am learning in school!)   People would be even more outraged if you just cancel Itunes!!!   

Gosh. Ridiculous. Its sounds to me like Apple is just being like "well if you don't like the way we do things, then we will just stop it...like an overdramatic high school girl. 


Okay. those are my thoughts of the moment.  

Peace out girl scout. 

No comments: