To start off this story, it would be best to inform you of the...yea, you could say promotion, at work I was offered. In addition to being the finance and HR assistant, my work is also wanting me to take on the position of database manager's assistant. They have had a temp for that position for the past 3 months (who happens to be the boss' daughter) and she is leaving to find a full time position and they asked me if I would like it. I would mean more hours, little higher pay, PTO, and health benefits...I told that yes, but after December because that is when my schedule for school changes. Well, the other day the datebase manager was swamped and I was pretty caught up with my work, so I helped her for the day. I learned EFMN's database and how to enter/change info..all that jazz. Well, Heather (the DB manager) created a new database (from scratch, which i thought was really awesome) and just mailed out forms to everyone in the old database to get new/updated information from everyone. So there have been hundreds and hundreds of letters coming in that need to be entered into the database.
So yesterday, i was opening these letters and updating things and at the bottom of the letter it has a spot for additional information relating to your address/job/or who has epilepsy. Well, not many people wrote in that blank but when they did, some people went on for over a page about how sick there spouse/child is and how they can't afford medications. Reading it made me really think about how many people are effected with epilepsy and how expensive it is for medications...people who have it severely can't work so then there are stuck on disability and can barely make other payments let alone the medical bills.
I'm just so thankful that I am healthy and God has granted me with a great life so far.
I pray everyone health and happiness,
Danielle.
No comments:
Post a Comment